Monday, June 28, 2010

Vacation #1

Right when school let out (actually a day after to be exact), the family headed down to Tampa for the wedding of one of my brother's longtime friends. We stayed in the hotel that they got married at so we were able to enjoy a walk on the beach in the morning followed by breakfast on the beach. After a quick change, we were able to go downstairs to the wedding. Can't beat the view!

All of the family together

As soon as we got done (except for Daniel, he had to stay longer since he was in the wedding), we headed out to the beach to soak in as much sun as possible on this unfortunately short trip.


Look how cute the hubs is!

Made a friend on the beach. I have a serious problem with birds and this one wasn't going away. He did remind me of the bird from the Pigeon book series although I clearly know he's a seagull.

After hours at the beach and by the pool, we had to find some local ice cream. It was delish!

The next morning was the day we had to go home (told ya it was quick!) and my parents offered to pay for Mark and I to go parasailing. Mark and I had gone years before separately, but we were so excited to go again and take it all in.

I didn't put any pictures in of us high in the sky because we were just tiny specks. That had us up between 500 & 600 ft. It was so beautiful and peaceful up there! We could see the entire bay area and it was the perfect way to end our trip to FL.

On the way out, we saw this while walking down the beach and I just had to get a picture! Doesn't it look like a postcard???

We had a great time. I'd love to go back again and stay much longer!

No comments: