Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy June 23rd!!!

Today, is indeed, a Bennett family holiday! Today is known in our household as "The Day That Mark Is Right About Everything!"

I'm surprised I haven't mentioned it before, but one of the things that Mark and I love best is our little celebrations of our own personal holidays. Many moons ago when Mark and I were just dating, there was a day (it was a Sunday...I remember it well) where Mark was just right about EVERYTHING!

I can think of at least 4 or 5 instances that day where he was just right about stuff and I was completely wrong. After each of these instances, his excitement continued to grow as I had to admit time and time again that he was right, I was wrong. We were both in shock and decided right then and there that this particular day needed to go down in history. We both agreed that each year we would celebrate that June 23rd was the day that Mark was right about everything!

We truly do celebrate this every year. We've done everything from special dinners, small gifts from me, and myself always conceding in any argument or dispute on this day. I got a text this morning that simply said, "Do you know what day it is?" This is without a doubt one of Mark's favorite days! So, babe, enjoy your day! Have a blast! You are truly the king of it all today and you are right about anything and everything today!

(Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow!)

2 comments:

Faith said...

LOVE that you're back on the blog wagon too (and the sig!)

Hope you guys (esp. Mark) have a great day and I can't wait to hear all about it!

katie said...

this is hilarious!! i love that you guys do this.