Friday, May 2, 2008

College Film Festival


I haven't blogged in a while because our computer is out of commission. We are just trying to save the pictures I have reserved (these are ALL of my pictures). I'm really hoping we can save them!

Anyway, last weekend our family went to see my brother's film that he entered into the Cincinnati College Movie Festival in Covington, KY. He had 48 hours to write the script, 48 hours to film, and 48 hours to edit the film. His film had to be no longer than 6 minutes and there were other requirements that each film had to have: a fashion magazine as a prop, a character named Mia Michaels that is a barista, the line "Do you have that in a size 6?" delivered by Mia Michaels, and someone saying "I'm ready for the next step". I thought all of this was really interesting.

Daniel had the "mystery" genre which is pretty tough to do in 6 minutes or less, but his film was really good (and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother). The film involved a barista who was dealing and using her drugs, a hit man, and betrayal and there was a definite Edward Norton in Fight Club feel to it. The professionals even said that the script was one of the favorites.

Daniel's film didn't win, but I think it was well received. He entered as a junior when most of the others were seniors so he had to deal with poorer equipment. I'm so proud of him taking the chance and doing so well! He's great at what he does! I can't wait to see his film next year.


ALSO, FYI, THIS IS MY 100TH BLOG!

No comments: