Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bridal Shower

So, my mom and I had the honor of throwing Em her very first bridal shower. Many moons ago, Em and her mom threw a shower for me, my family, and all sorts of friends from church. This shower was a way for us to repay the favor!

I really enjoyed getting all of the food prepared as well as buying shower prizes for the occasion wth my mom. Because of Em's intense love of all things game related, I created a game based off Scattegories. I came up with 30 categories (10 questions for 3 rounds) that centered around weddings/married life/Emily and Chris.

We also played a game where people got points for each item they had in their purse. There were some regular items on the list and some not so regular. All of these things were things that I have seen one time or another in Em's purse. Some of the funny ones were a snack, a highlighter, a deck of cards, and nail polish.

Lastly, we played a game-or I should say Em played and we watched-where Emily had to answer questions about Chris. Chris had answered these questions previous to the shower. For each answer that Em got wrong, she had to chew a piece of bubble gum. She did pretty well, but still managed to accumulate quite a wad by the time we were done.

Overall, we had a great time with a great turnout. Em got some great gifts for around the clock (the gift theme) and was a beautiful bride-to-be despite enduring through what would later be revealed as a double ear infection and laryngitis. Such a trooper!


The super cute plates and napkins

My cupcakes matched the plates and napkins


The whole spread
She'll probablykill me for this one, but the bride-to-be with a ton of gum in her mouth. At least I got the kind she liked.
Opening gifts
Me, Em, and Erica
(2 out of the 3 bridesmaids)
Em and I

With our moms
The happy couple

No comments: