Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Au Revoir, T.J.

Source

For most of you, this blog will hold no interest to you. However, yesterday, my world was crushed when TJ Houshmandzadeh officially turned in his black and orange to don a uniform of green. TJ signed with the Seattle Seahawks yesterday leaving the Bengals line-up with a giant hole.

I cannot blame him at all. Seattle offered him more money, he'll be closer to home, and he doesn't have to play for a team managed by Mike Brown. All strong points to lure one away.

Nevertheless, I'm sad to see him and his ponytail go. I'll miss spelling his name. I'll miss making fun of people who cannot pronounce or spell his name. I'll miss all of his hamstring injuries. Most importantly, I'll miss always seeing the number 84 in the endzone.

Good luck in Seattle, T.J.!