Thursday, January 1, 2009

7 Things

I had every intention of completing my list of 7 things that people don't know about me when Cameron made her list, but due to my laziness around the holidays I didn't blog right away. Since then many other friends have also blogged their list of 7 things and tagged me as well. So, for everyone, here are 7 things that you may not know about me (but I'm sure many of you already know one or 2 of these items):

1. To my mother's horror, I actually do not like warm doughnuts. I know that many people would protest that it's the only way to eat them, all fresh and warm, but the idea of sticky, hot doughnuts makes my stomach turn. I like my doughnuts cool albeit still fresh. On the same note, 9 out of 10 times I do not care for icing on my baked goods. I'll take a little but I don't like a lot. This is strange because in actuality I really do have quite the sweet tooth!

2. As a child I was absolutely terrified that I had gorillas living in my closet. I thought the only way to keep them from coming out was to have my parents shut my closet door. In my defense, the closet really was big enough to hold a single gorilla...

3. I am constantly doing math in my head. My mind works around numbers and patterns. I can create any pattern from addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, etc. It's hard to explain, but just to give you an idea I'll tell you that to pass time while driving on the highway, I divide the tenth of the mile into the mile marker number (remainders and all). i.e. 98/1, 98/2, 98/3, 98/4, etc. That's about a math problem every 10 seconds or so. It drives Mark crazy!

4. I have a bit of a phobia when it comes to bees, wasps, yellow jackets, and really anything that flys and stings. Have been since I was 6. It's pretty embarrassing.

5. I can't swing on swings. I used to love it growing up, but now I can get nauseous...every time!

6. I think empty churches and empty post offices are incredibly creepy!

7. I have what Mark calls "foot claustrophobia" when I sleep. I can't stand to have anything restricting my foot or leg movement when I am sleeping. The first thing I do when I get in bed is untuck the sheets. I can't wear socks to bed and I don't like any heavy blankets or objects resting on my legs.


Now that I've read this, I'm beginning to wonder how I have friends and a husband that loves me. Most of my friends have already done their list so I don't know that I have many others to tag, but I do suggest it if you haven't already! Thanks Cameron, Jen, Ashley, and Em!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that you were afraid of of gorillas in the closet!

Nicole said...

I get nauseous when I swing too :(