Thursday, November 13, 2008

Starbucks

Crossroads is doing a new series on some of the mistakes that churches have made. Basically, we've been discussing the things that turn people off when it comes to church and talking more about the fact that we were built to have relationships with others, which allows us to represent Christ. We've also talked about evangelism has become such a dirty word. On the Georgetown blog, Greg included this video about what it would be like if Starbucks "marketed" itself like churches. While it is funny, it's also eerily all too true.

I know many of my friends have been turned off by the church, but are still very much in love with Jesus. I know even more friends who have been turned off altogether. There is truly nothing that saddens me more. I just found this interesting and thought I'd share.

Enjoy!


No comments: