Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nutrition in 100 Words

Back in April, I ordered a few items from Steve's Original which included some PaleoKits and PaleoKrunch cereal.  Both were very tasty, but what I loved even more was a card they put inside my box that sums up my experience over the last year and how my mindset has changed in regards to food.  It was titled "Nutrition in 100 Words" and I thought I'd share it on here.

Eat real, unprocessed food,
as close to nature as possible
and listen to your body.

Pretend the modern supermarket doesn't exist.
Choose foods that could be grown, hunted, or gathered -
nothing packaged or processed.
Support local farms when possible.

Eat animals, marine life, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and
fruits.  Eat plenty of healthy fats from pastured animals,
fish, coconut, avocado, olives, and cold-pressed oils.
Drink water.

Incorporate traditional, nutrient-dense foods:
fermented vegetables, organ meats,
and homemade bone broths.

Above all, ditch the "gurus", "programs", and "diets"
and get back to basics.  Connect with your intuition
and allow it to guide you.

I love it and just had to share!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds similar to a natural running mantra:)