Saturday, August 8, 2009

Another School Year

Ok, I know this video's a little long, but if you are a teacher or want to understand why I chose this career, you need to watch this video. The kid is hilarious, but he says some stuff that truly explains why I do what I do every day. We watched it at our Scott Co. Opening Day Program and it was a great reminder that the things I do can make a difference. I know I've complained about 30 kids (and I truly am not sure if I'll leave this year a sane women), but I have to look at it as being given the opportunity to make a difference in 30 lives this year!




My principal made us all give our personal motto for this year with the reasons we teach. She asked us to frame it and make it available to see everyday while we are teaching. I'm going to share mine.

"In order to meet students on their individual level and make a difference in each life that walks into my classroom, I will provide a SAFE environment that PROMOTES and STIMULATES learning."

No comments: